-
July 19th, 2002, 03:09 AM
#11
Inactive Member
Maybe it is a silly idea but could you play the scene backward, trying to jump from the car and land on your feet? You would have to to be able to edit the scene in reverse.
Anyway be careful.
-
July 19th, 2002, 03:18 AM
#12
Inactive Member
I think rollemfilm's got the idea. The cutaway is the reaction shot as it happens. The audience fills in the blanks. This is how I try to construct all my films. It is in line with Sergei Eisenstein's theory of montage.
Maybe instead of a dog, we see pigeons or some other kind of birds. Film a group of birds chillin on the sidewalk, then scare them away, as we hear the impact. This reminds me of Stone's JFK. When we hear the gunfire, it's black, then cut to the birds flying away.
-
July 19th, 2002, 11:05 AM
#13
Inactive Member
how about a quick shot of a dummy?
-
July 19th, 2002, 06:18 PM
#14
Inactive Member
I personnaly think that the best way to shoot those scenes is not shooting them. Remember Indiana Johns, When he is fighting with a nazi in front of a plane turning on itself, & the nazi get his head destoyed by the plan motor ( i know it's not the motor but I don't know the word ).You don't see any explicite image but you know the head is being cut .The effect is bigger : anybody I know was horrified.
matt
-
July 20th, 2002, 03:29 AM
#15
Inactive Member
Yeah, that's the clip from Meet Joe Black, and obviously Brad Pitt didn't make that stunt. It's probably a dummy composited digitally.
bry
-
July 20th, 2002, 11:00 AM
#16
tfunch24
Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Basstruc:
Remember Indiana Johns, When he is fighting with a nazi in front of a plane turning on itself, & the nazi get his head destoyed by the plan motor ( i know it's not the motor but I don't know the word ).matt</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to nitpick, but the Nazi was destroyed by the plane's propeller (le propulseur est le mot francais.)
Tom
(who's just checking in before he leaves for vacation.)
-
July 22nd, 2002, 04:30 PM
#17
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Basstruc:
Remember Indiana Johns... You don't see any explicite image but you know the head is being cut .The effect is bigger : anybody I know was horrified.
matt</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Matt, I sort of agree with you, I think that the scene in Meet Joe Black was great at slapping you in the face, it did me. You sort of take a double take.
But if you ask me, not showing the action can be far more intense because it forces the audience to use there imagination. Think about Reservoir Dogs and the "ear" scene. Q.T. doesn't show Mr. Blonde cutting off the ear, but pans away for at least 10 seconds and then goes back where you see what has taken place.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks